Monday, December 14, 2009

Steve Tyrell Celebrates 5 years at The Cafe Carlyle!

                                    
Steve Tyrell at the Cafe Carlyle performing his classic CD-" STANDARD TIME" which celebrates it's 10 anniversary. Steve's also marks his 5th year at the Cafe Carlyle for the Holiday engagement! He sang the 3 McHugh songs from the album, "I'm in the Mood for Love," "On The Sunny Side Of The Street" and "I Can't Give You Anything But Love,Baby."                                                                                                              

While shooting these pictures I heard some one next to me whisper  "I Like your style!"  I looked over to see sports photographer Neil Leifer, Tyrell's other great photo buddy!

 With me were MC Marden / People Magazine / Time Inc. veteran, as well as sculptor Joel Shapiro and his wife and artist Ellen Phelan. The Music- Art-Photography Night! Joel visited the Louis Armstrong Museum in Queens that afternoon. He knows all the standards by heart!




 
Steve sang 3 encores, they wouldn't let him go!!


Pat Riley showed up after Madison Square Garden


See Steve Tyrell at the Cafe Carlyle through New Year's Eve.  FYI. Book Early..it's packed everynight. We went on a Wednesday and there wasn't an empty seat..


No comments:

Post a Comment